Wednesday, August 6, 2008

They made me do it.

I just got back (less than a week ago) from another trip to San Francisco.  I got to spend 5 days with the people at ReImagine.  They essentially lead you through a series of spiritual exercises in the context of living out the Gospel in the community in which they live.  One of the things they do is have each participant write a poem based on their experiences and then share it at a picnic/poetry slam on the last day.  The below is haiku based on my experience.  It was inspired by our time spent at the Page Street Center and the Golden Gate Park Botanical Garden.  (The picture is a single flower that I found in my yard this summer.  There were none like it within sight.  I'm not quite sure where it came from, but I saved the seeds.)





If the gardener
Waters and cares for the plant
It is not a weed

No comments: