Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We are the ones we've been waiting for!


A few days ago I filled out my absentee ballot.  When I filled in the oval beside Obama/Biden I actually felt like that little motion made with a pen meant something.  I voted for a man that, for once, seems to think and see the world the way I do.  He just gave his victory speech on national television.

For the first time since I've been politically conscious I feel hope that America might become something more than just the most powerful empire on earth.  I feel that my voice has been heard and counts.  That we no longer have to settle for a choice between two caricatures, but can cut a path not determined mindless adherence to one of two polar opposites.  I feel like we might be waking up from the fugue caused by our power, greed, and arrogance.  I hope it is more than just a momentary impression. 

To those that are fearful and frustrated by tonight.  I'm sorry for your fear and I understand that nothing could be said in one blog post that will assuage that fear.  I will pray for you, and when I meet you, I will try to love you to the best of my ability.  I hope you will partner with us and become part of the "we" that we have been waiting for. 

I would imagine that this will be my last post on politics, at least for a while.   :)

We'll see how Prop 8 faired in the morning. 

No comments: