Monday, June 16, 2008

Back home.

The precautionary evacuation was lifted yesterday, Sunday.  Good thing, because we came back on Saturday night, we just didn't unpack.   

When I woke up on Sunday morning I walked outside and the lighting on my nasturtiums was just perfect.


I also took a picture of my sunflowers, first seen as seedlings a few posts back. Some of them are over 6 feet tall now and the main flower bud has just started to develop in a few.


Last year I scattered various wildflower seeds that I bought at various places.  This is the only one of this variety that has come up so far.  I have no idea what species it is.


And finally, here's a single blue lupine growing in my yard.  This picture is a few weeks old.  It has since lost it's blooms and gone to seed.  I hope to see it again next year.


It's good to be home again. :)

No comments: